32) Thakur, MP, van der Putten, WH, Cobben, M, Kleunen, M, Geisen, S. (2019) Microbial invasions in terrestrial ecosystems. Nature Reviews Microbiology (In press).
31) Thakur, MP, and Geisen, S. (2019) Trophic regulations of the soil microbiome. Trends in Microbiology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tim.2019.04.008.
30) Thakur, MP, Del Real, IM, et al. (2019) Soil microbial, nematode, and enzymatic responses to elevated CO2, N fertilization, warming, and reduced precipitation. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 135: 184-193.
29) Siebert, J, Eisenhauer, N,…., Thakur, MP (2019) Earthworms modulate the effects of climate warming on soil micro-arthropod richness in an agricultural system. Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, 278: 72-80.
28) Thakur, MP, Quast, V, et al. (2019) Interactions between functionally diverse fungal mutualists inconsistently affect plant performance and competition. Oikos, https://doi.org/10.1111/oik.06138
27) Siebert, J, Thakur, MP, et al. (2019) Extensive land-use does not dampen detrimental effects of climate change on soil activity. Advances in Ecological Research, 60: 25-54.
26) Giling, D,…..,Thakur, MP, Barnes, AD (2018) A niche for ecosystem multifunctionality in global change research. Global Change Biology, 25: 763-774.
25) Thakur, MP, Griffin, JN, et al. (2018) Temperature effects on prey and basal resources exceed that of predators in an experimental community. Ecology and evolution, 8 (4): 12670-12680.
24) Eisenhauer, N, Hermann, S, Hines, J, Buscot, F, Siebert, J, Thakur, MP (2018) The dark side of animal phenology, Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 33 (12), 898-901.
23) Thakur, MP, Reich, PB, Hobbie SH,….et al. (2018): Reduced feeding activity of soil detritivores under warmer and drier conditions. Nature Climate Change, 8: 75-78.
22) Ferlian, O, Eisenhauer, N, Aguirrebengoa, M, Camara, M, Ramirez-Rojas, I, Santos, F, Tanalgo,K, Thakur, MP (2018): Invasive earthworms erode soil biodiversity: A meta-analysis. Journal of Animal Ecology, 87: 162-172.
21) Thakur, MP, and Wright, AJ (2017): Environmental filtering, niche construction and trait variability-the missing discussion. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 32: 884-886.
20) Schwarz, B, Barnes, AD, Thakur, MP,.... et al. (2017): Warming alters energetic structure and function but not resilience of soil food webs. Nature Climate Change, 7: 895-900.
19) Thakur, MP, Tilman, D, Purschke, O, Ciobanu, M, Cowles, J, Isbell, F, Wragg, P, Eisenhauer, N (2017): Climate warming promotes species diversity, but with greater taxonomic redundancy, in complex environments. Science Advances 3, e1700866. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.1700866.
18) Patione, G, Thakur, MP,.....et al. (2017) Plant litter functional diversity effects on litter mass loss depend on the macro-detritivore community, Pedobiologia, 65: 29-42.
17) Thakur, MP, Kuenne, T, Griffin, JN, Eisenhauer, N (2017) Warming magnifies predation and reduces prey coexistence in a model litter arthropod system, Proceedings of Royal Society B 284, doi: 10.1098/rspb.2016.2570.
16) Eisenhauer, N, Lanoue A, Strecker, T, Scheu, S, Steinauer, K, Thakur, MP, Mommer, L (2017) Root biomass and exudates link plant diversity with soil microbial communities, Scientific Reports, 7:44641.
15) Thakur, MP (2017) Putting Community Ecology in a Better Order. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 32: 6-7.
14) Craven, D, Thakur, MP,…..et al. (2017) The unseen invaders: introduced earthworms as drivers of change in plant communities in North American forests (a meta-analysis). Global Change Biology, 23: 1065-7410.
13) Thakur, MP, Reich, P, Wagg, C.,....Eisenhauer et al. (2017): Effects of soil warming history on the performances of congeneric temperate and boreal herbaceous plant species and their associations with soil biota. Journal of Plant Ecology, 10: 670-680.
12) Eisenhauer, N, Barnes AD, Cesarz S, Craven D, Ferlian O, Gottschall F, Hines J, Sendek A, Siebert J, Thakur, MP, Türke M (2016) Biodiversity–ecosystem function experiments reveal the mechanisms underlying the consequences of biodiversity change in real world ecosystems. Journal of Vegetation Science, 27: 1061-70
11) Craven, D, ……., Thakur, MP, …et al. (2016) Plant diversity effects on grassland productivity are robust to both nutrient enrichment and drought. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 371: 20150277.
10) Isbell, F, ........, Thakur, MP,...et al. (2015): Biodiversity increases the resistance of ecosystem productivity to climate extremes, Nature, 526: 574-577.
9) Thakur, MP, Herrmann, M., Steinauer, K., Rennoch, S., Cesarz, S., Eisenhauer, N. (2015) Cascading effects of belowground predators on plant community are density-dependent, Ecology & Evolution, 5: 4300-4314 (Editor's choice article).
8) Thakur MP, Milcu A, Manning P, Niklaus PA, Roscher C, Power S, Reich PB, Scheu S, Tilman D, Ai F, Guo H, Ji R, Pierce S, Guerrero Ramirez N, Richter AN, Steinauer K, Strecker T, Vogel A, Eisenhauer N (2015) Plant diversity drives soil microbial biomass carbon in grasslands irrespective of global environmental change factors. Global Change Biology, 12: 4076-4085.
7) Thakur, MP, and Eisenhauer, N (2015) Plant community composition determines the strength of top-down control in soil food webs, Scientific Reports, 5:9134
6) Thakur, MP, Berg, MP, Eisenhauer, N., Van Langevelde, F. (2014) Disturbance-diversity relation is explained by the community biomass of soil fauna in salt marsh. Soil Biology Biochemistry, 78: 30-37.
5) Thakur, MP, Reich, P, Hobbie, S., Eisenhauer, N et al. (2014) Nematode community shifts in response to experimental warming and canopy conditions are associated with plant community changes in the temperate-boreal forest Ecotone. Oecologia, 175: 713-723.
4) Comor V, Thakur MP, Berg MP, et al. (2014) Productivity affects the density–body mass relationship of soil fauna communities. Soil Biology Biochemistry, 72:203–211.
3) Thakur, MP, Van Groenigen, JW, Kuiper, I, De Deyn, GB, (2014) Interactions between microbial-feeding and predatory soil fauna trigger N2O emissions. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 70: 256-262.
2) Thakur, MP, Reich, PB, Eddy, WC, Stefanski, A, Rich, R, Hobbie, SE, Eisenhauer, N (2014) Some plants like it warmer: Increased growth of three selected invasive plant species in soils with a history of experimental warming. Pedobiologia, 57(1): 57-60.
1) Kuiper, I, De Deyn, GB, Thakur, MP, Van Groenigen, JW (2013) Soil invertebrate fauna affect N2O emissions from soil. Global Change Biology, 19: 2814-2825.
Publications (in process)*
Thakur, MP, Phillips, H, et al.Toward an integrative understanding of soil biodiversity (In revision).
Langevelde, F., Comor, V., …., Thakur, MP. Disturbance regulates the density – body mass relationship of soil fauna (In revision).
Thakur, MP. Trophic mismatches in terrestrial ecosystems: the green-brown imbalance hypothesis (In revision)**.
Thakur, MP. The role of predators in driving warming-biodiversity relationships (In review).
* Only first and last authorship (pdfs available on request)
** Available as pre-print in ResearchGate